LOL - remember that this is the hardware that DOS was designed for! A PII could comfortably run Linux with X ... but my XT has a much more limited selection of O/S's to chose from.

I bought it from the U.S. equivalent of a 'goodwill' store for $5 Canadian, and hey, it's still technologicaly superior to my Tandy 1000 that cannot even run FreeDOS due to it's memory size of 128kb.

BTW i'm certain someone has used FD in embedded systems somewhere. I noticed when i was at a bank the other day, the tiny 5" monitor on a cash counting machine had the familiar IBM extended ASCII character's used for drawing boxes around the text so i took a closer look at the machine and saw a label that said "DOS for embedded systems" on it. Being free, I'm sure some companies must chose FreeDOS.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carl William Spitzer IV" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "FreeDOS" <freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2005 4:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Freedos-user] text editor's and mem command

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 17:16, GNU_man wrote:
Ok this is two questions in one here, I just did a real minimalistic
FreeDOS install via 5 1/4" floppy on my "new" computer. No DOS text
editors work on this machine, they all crash - including TED tiny
editor. I suspect it could be something do with the keyboard. Please

Do you work at the Smithsonian Institute that thing is an antique.
And here I thought I had old hardware with a PII.  Looks like `the speed
of modern embedded systems.

Has anyone tried Freedos in embedded hw?