Hi!

1-Июн-2005 20:28 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (coralline algae) wrote to
freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net:

ca> I am wondering if there is a dos application something like unix screen
ca> which
ca> can divide the terminal into two windows.  Mainly I would like to run an
ca> application and have another window with the documentation for the
ca> application
ca> open at the same time.

     This is not possible _in general_, because DOS is a single-tasking OS
and most applications have (and do) direct hardware (including video memory)
access, which is not possible to virtualize, unless you use specific OS in
protected mode (Windows, OS2, Linux). Or, at least, software like Carousel
and DesqView.