Hi, as far as I can tell, mem17bet zip compiles with Turbo C
(freeware now) or Watcom C, and the Assembly part is in NASM
(open source, freeware). So there should be no problem in
creating a 8086 compatible version. Maybe one of the 32bit
functions from the Assembly part get called without asking
is_386() first and that causes the crashes on 8086...?
The makefile uses UPX --8086, but I am not sure if all the
compiler options for Turbo C and Watcom C really tell "create
a binary which can run on 8086".

Eric