Hi Michael,

If it's always been there, why have more people not been affected?

Biggest mitigating factors are that if your hard drive behaves without errors, is reasonably standard with expected parameters, and there is no corruption of the program, the MBR write on startup won't occur.

Ah, so this bug only happens with faulty hard-drives or file-systems?

It's just I have to build 30 PCs in coming weeks, plus some production servers, and plan to use FreeDOS FDISK to partition them. I was a bit worried reading about this bug, but all my hard drives are brand new, so should be OK.

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)