Thank you very much, my FreeDOS now lives in peaceful coexistence with Damn Small Linux :-)

Wolfgang

Blair Campbell schrieb:

SYS C: C: /BOOTONLY

Try a regular SYS C:.  I almost sounds as if you are missing the
kernel on your hard drive, although this shouldn't have happened.

FDISK /MBR

This does basically the same as SYS C: BOOTONLY