On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 Johnson Lam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >I heard of a "novel netware emmulator" for linux and since here are=20
> >running allready a lot of linux boxes i thought of using this. does=20
> >anyone has a idea how to setup this? it seems i do something wrong, at=20
> >least the clients dont see the novel server.
>
> As I know it only exist on the SUSE Linux (bought by Novell).
> Maybe it's a LGPL.
There was a suite that allowed Linux to emulate Netware I think it was
called NWMARS but I suspect it hasn't been supported for ages due to
the rise in popularity of Samba.

> >A other idea would be to use samba. but does anybody know a small (the=20
> >client from microsoft doesnt fit on one floppy) and a generic (the one=20
> >from microsoft only runs on 286 and up) client for dos ?
>
> Only LAN Manager did the job, I'm using it.
See my Dos Networking FAQ for details on how to do this at:
http://www.dendarii.co.uk/FAQs/dos-net.html

> Long time ago I've tried to use Windows client (lightweight version of
> LAN Manager), but it fail to run the NDIS driver or didn't work, glad
> to see someone can successfully let it work.
See also the Universal TCP/IP Network Bootdisk for M$ Networks ver 5.3.1
at http://www.netbootdisk.com

Mike
--
A Webified version of the DOS Applications for Internet Use FAQ
can be found at <URL:http://www.dendarii.co.uk/FAQs/dos-apps.html>