Carl Spitzer wrote:

Has anyone been able to multiboot PCDOS and FREEDOS?

CWSIV

I do somewhat often, but my procedure probably isn't what you want. (I use sys /bootonly /oem:XX where XX is FD or PC depending which I want to boot, but this option is only useful for floppies in the latest version of sys until I commit my local changes :-). I suggest you use a boot loader, several have been mentioned, there is also Eric's multikern method (useful if you don't want to have multiple partitions).

If you have both PC-DOS and FreeDOS on the same partition, use fdconfig.sys instead of config.sys (or make sure config.sys is compatible syntax for both) and either always use FreeCom (or 4DOS) command shell or add a shell statement to your config.sys and optionally specify an alternate startup file (autoexec.bat replacement).

Check the FAQ, I believe there are several entries that provide more details for booting FreeDOS with other OSes (especially other DOSes).

Jeremy