Blair Campbell wrote:

As you can see from my previous mailing list post, I do indeed have a
pre-386 system with a CDROM. The above snip leads me to belive that the
cdextensions file (though it runs on my XT) hasn't been debugged for
that platform, and may not even be properly compiled (e.g. 386
optimizations)? Could any devs shed some light on this, perhaps?

There is an 8086 version of SHSUCDX available, so you musn't use
SHSUCDX to load the extentions, but you must instead use SHSUCD86 or
something like this.  I'm not sure if there are any drivers available
for pre-386 systems, however.
I'll try SHSUCD86 and see what happens. I'm not sure what you refer to by "I'm not sure if there are any drivers available for pre-386 systems" though. Do you mean the cdrom .sys driver file? If so, yes there are. I have one installed.

- Nick