Subject: [Freedos-user] trouble with russian-named files
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 17:38:53 +0400
From: Maxim Kuleshov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net

Hello!

I got stuck with simple problem: freedos fails to access
files with national chars in their names. No matter where they
are (fat32 or network drive) - result's still the same.

I configured display (mode.com) and keyboard (mkeyb)
and it's ok, but even simple command like this,

C:/>TYPE <national>.txt

says,

File not found. - '<national>.txt'

Even 3rd party programs could not access such files.

Also, I discovered one strange thing: when I create file with russian
chars in name,
some of letters are replaced by latin characters. For example, name
"TECTTECT.TXT"
(cyrillicaly spelled) becomes TACTTACT, where letter "A" is latin.

What should I change to beat that one?  :)
--
WBR,
Maxim Kuleshov