Hi,

Arkady V.Belousov escribió:
Hi!

17-Окт-2005 10:47 [EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote to
freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net:

ao> (1) You'll need to use COUNTRY= setting with an unstable kernel version (in
ao> the future stable one).

     Correction: with any kernel version. Without correct country
specification will be used US file name character conversions.

Precisely in my understanding his problem is about DISPLAY supporting codepages, whereas kernel doesn't.

I remember time ago Tom mentioning this risk, in the end we've found a user with this problem... Reason why I vote for including this COUNTRY= stuff into the stable before the next FreeDOS distribution release (I'm sure that such a hard working person as Blair will update his distribution soon too :)).

Aitor