There is a slightly modified version of lptlink now available that is
now a 16-bit program compiled with OpenWatcom.  If anyone has a
laplink cable and two computers, please please test it so that if it
works, I can improve it.

I'm not positive about its use, but I'm fairly certain that the lpt
port need not be specified, as it defaults to the first parallel port.
 I'm not sure, but I think that the destination directory switch (read
the help screen (--h)) should point to the directory on the
destination computer where the file should end up, and the source
directory is self-explanitory.  LPTLink also needs to be run on the
receiving computer with a switch (read the help screen).  Please let
me know if this works, and if not, try other ways of getting it to
work.