Eric Twose wrote:

Hi,

Someone mentioned ReactOS here a short while ago. I downloaded it, installed
it on a spare machine ... and ran into trouble, though in the end no harm
was done.

I had Win98 on the c:\ drive and installed ReactOS on d:\, allowing
Freeloader to alter the boot sector, rather than boot Freeloader from a
floppy.

ReactOS booted up ok, but I was then left without a keyboard and without a mouse and I couldn't get back into DOS or Windows, except by using a Windows rescue disk. It didn't like the bootsect.dos it had created. Freeldr.ini looked ok.

In the end, A:>SYS C: was the only way I could see of getting back to square one.

Having said that, ReactOS does look impressive.

Best wishes,
Eric.

IIRC - ReactOS does have a mail list.
What version of ReactOS are you using?

--

TomLeeM / BigWarpGuy * * * * * *  * *
OS2eCS.org Director  of Communications *