I assume you mean you are receiving lots of emails with viruses attached, which is not really a "virus outbreak", but merely spam which is normal. Or do you mean the actual Hotmail system has been hit by a virus?
Something has to send mails with the attachment.. Anyway, looks like a purge occurred, as now it's 195 mails instead of 1200+ in my "unwanted email" folder in my webmail. Normal POP3 and Gmail accounts seem to stay completely clean, no trouble whatsoever.

Bernd