On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 19:16:51 +0000, you wrote:

Hi Gerry,

>Is there any reason you are using "long" format? With FreeDOS I tend to
>use quick format instead.

1) To avoid bad sector (disk surface checking)
2) To erase data more thoroughly (I know it's not a zero fill)

Another tool I found on the Internet is KILLDISK, too bad the freeware
version only have 1 pass ... it's similar to FORMAT, so I stick to
FORMAT

P.S. Long time ago I have a 3rd party utility called FORMAT MASTER and
a FORMATQM, they did floppy format GREAT with Turbo Vision like
display, will someone interest to develop a 3rd party Open Source
"FORMAT" like them?

Rgds,
Johnson.