On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 18:46:34 +0000, you wrote:

Hi,

>This hard disk has something like 30 GBytes of data and WindowsXP
>operating system, not less than 800 MBytes.  And, it's a laptop with
>a small disk drive!  :-)

I assume you "backup" everything except the pre-install partition and
WinXP's source \i386. Using command line GHOST can override GUI's
compression up to level 9 (GUI maximum level 3).

>> Copy a few megabyte from flash disk is acceptable to most people, and
>> that's enough to backup the whole pre-installed partition.
>
>It certainly is for a DOS installation!  :-)

I tried to backup all my DOS data (30MB) in my 1GB compact flash,
takes not longer than 20 mins (USB 1.1).

Since the USB driver is not intent for this kind of job, and no one
want to code a standalone USB driver, we have no choice but to accept
this kind of speed, agree?

Rgds,
Johnson.