I have successfully run FreeDOS on several laptops without
any problems.  Is it installed in a PRIMARY partition
(formatted FAT16 or FAT32 LBA)?

Is this the same configuration as the desktop (GRUB/Ubuntu)?
What does your GRUB.CONF look like?  Something like

title FreeDOS
root (hd0,2)
chainloader +1

?

How did you install FreeDOS?  Are you sure the "SYS" command
executed correctly on your partition?

Mark

CK Raju wrote:
Anyone could help me here. I am planning to teach 8086
programming on FreeDOS. Got it successfully installed
in my PC at home. However Laptop (ACER Travelmate
Celeron) is refusing to bring up the OS in a bootable
form. I have a bootloader GRUB and have Ubuntu in the
other partition.
Some help or advice please.
CK Raju