Hi Basudeb,

a large number of network card drivers for DOS (not only for
FreeDOS) is available on http://www.crynwr.com/ - of course
DOS differs from Windows in that there is no kernel network
stack. Instead, you compile your networked app with a network
library like Wattcp or Watt32. Drivers for popular chipsets
like Realtek rtl8139 are also based on the crynwr framework
but are available elsewhere in the web. I cannot tell you if
WinPE is useful for you - I think PE means "tweaking any
version of Windows, like Win98, to make it bootable from a
readonly medium, like CDROM"? Win98/PE has far more features
than any DOS in that case, but will also put a lot more load
on your hardware (and have less secure networking...).

> I have to decide between FreeDos. WinPE as the platform for a bootable
> application. Are the latest lan card drivers available on FreeDOS?
> Is there a list of supported lan cards somewhere?

See also http://freedos.sourceforge.net/freedos/links/ ...

Eric