Johnson Lam wrote:
> I'm no laywer, solicitor. I guess maybe technically Jack violate the
> GPL (I don't really know), but I think from the very beginning of GPL
> spirit is from the author want to share the work with others, if the
> people did something to against the author, this action destroy the
> trust, even the law is correct

The terms of the GPL are quite clear.  They are written into it.  These
terms are the 'spirit' of the license, and anything else is outside its
remit.  If anything is released under the license, it is governed by
those terms alone.

"``Free software'' is a matter of liberty, not price. To understand the
concept, you should think of ``free'' as in ``free speech,'' not as in
``free beer.''

Free software is a matter of the users' freedom to run, copy,
distribute, study, change and improve the software. More precisely, it
refers to four kinds of freedom, for the users of the software:

    * The freedom to run the program, for any purpose (freedom 0).
    * The freedom to study how the program works, and adapt it to your
needs (freedom 1). Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
    * The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor
(freedom 2).
    * The freedom to improve the program, and release your improvements
to the public, so that the whole community benefits (freedom 3). Access
to the source code is a precondition for this."

If you still feel confused, email Dave Turner: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Shane

- --
Shane Martin Coughlan
e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]