Maybe I'm off-topic here, in which case someone may refer me to a better place to post this. But I want to get web browsing and email running on a FreeDOS machine, and from http://freedos.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/freedos-lsm.cgi?q=d&a=net it seems that LSPPP, WatTCP, Arachne and Pegasus might be a good combination.
But I'm stuck on the process of setting up WatTCP. Most of the WatTCP documentation deals with compiling rather than setup and use.
1) Is the WatTCP 32-bit protected mode version what you would use for the application I describe above?
2) Working from the already-compiled zip archive, is installation and setup as simple as copying the WatTCP-32 BIN folder to the hard drive, pointing SET WATTCP to that location, and letting LSPPP and Arachne take it from there?
3) If I want to dispense with the many utilities in the WatTCP collection, what are the files I need just for TCP/IP support?
- [Freedos-user] How-to set up WatTCP John Hupp
- Re: [Freedos-user] How-to set up WatTCP Blair Campbell