I'm trying to use the new (Dec-2005) SHSURDRV.EXE from Jason Hood's website to create a RAM drive:

http://www.geocities.com/jadoxa/

When used straight from the command line it works ok:

C:\FDOS\BIN\SHSURDRV.EXE 8192K /V

However, when placed in Config.sys it won't load and then it won't let Autoexec.bat to run ("bad or missing command interpreter" error).

DEVICE=C:\FDOS\BIN\SHSURDRV.EXE 8192K /V

When Shsurdrv.exe is replaced with the old Tdsk.exe everything works fine again:

DEVICEHIGH=C:\FDOS\BIN\TDSK.EXE 8192

Because SHSURDRV loads high by default on its own I used DEVICE instead of DEVICEHIGH. Or should it be just loaded from Autoexec.bat instead of Config.sys?

After running MEM command my XMS readings with TDSK loaded are as follows:

total=456640, used=11442

Lester