Från: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] För Mark Bailey
Skickat: den 21 juni 2006 13:57
Till: freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Ämne: Re: [Freedos-user] fdos install to f:

Hi Anders:

There are two ways I know of to do this.  One is to boot a floppy disk
or hard disk image using ISOLINUX/SYSLINUX which probably isn't what you
want.  The second is to install a FreeDOS boot sector directly to the USB
stick.

There is a utility from HP that may work for you.  It will install
a FreeDOS boot sector to a USB device and may work for your flash
memory.  WindowsXP does not make this easy.

DOwnload SP27213.EXE from ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp27001-27500

You will have to run the installer and point the utility to a directory
or device containing the FreeDOS kernel.sys and command.com files.  I used
a floppy disk image...this can just be a Windows directory.  I believe the
utility has a FreeDOS boot sector "built-in" to it.

See also
http://fd-doc.sourceforge.net/faq/cgi-bin/viewfaq.cgi?faq=Installing_FreeDOS/316
The download link for the HP utility doesn't work from this page.

The same tool can also install MSDOS.

Let us know if you have any questions.  A quick posting to the e-mail list
about what you had to do and how it worked might help someone else.

Mark Bailey