I am the fellow that posted a message several days ago
entitled "Complete Novice Needs Help".  Thanks to Mark
Bailey I now have FreeDOS on my laptop.  As soon as I
can write up the steps I employed I will share them.

Now for the bad news:

As I now understand DOS does not recognize the USB
ports on this new fangled laptop.  Where can I obtain
a driver file to add to FreeDOS that will let me use
the USB ports under FreeDOS?  Then I can use connector
converters (parallel-to-USB) to connect the milling
machine to the computer.

My sincere thanks,

Ed Long

Edward R. Long, Jr.