Hi Arkady,

TurboPascal is by far the most used Pascal dialect, even if not
standarized (and FreePascal followed the good work, much ahead of the
more standard GPC).
In fact, both FreePascal and Delphi has been ported to Linux (and
other platforms) so that you can create platform-independent apps (or
at least Borland say so, I have never tried that), so the language
itself is not that platform dependent (another story are the
libraries, but there's even a FreePascal's DOS unit in Linux).
Well, I don't expect an spectacular evolution in any 16-bit product
(except for FreeDOS), and we should be happy if OpenWatcom does not
give up the 16-bit line, but back to TP, one wouldn't be locked if you
come across one bug that affects you.

Aitor