Soon available at
www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.0-Testing
will be the files:
fdfullws.iso - FreeDOS with all disksets and corrosponding sources
fdfullcd.iso - FreeDOS with all disksets without sources
fdbasews.iso - FreeDOS BASE diskset with corrosponding sources
fdbasecd.iso - FreeDOS BASE diskset without sources

Some new features in the ISO are:
 - Powerbatch is used in some cases to make the overall experience
feel better (it will be used more for the actual 1.0 release)
 - XDMA/XCDROM provide an open-source and reliable combination to use
a CD-ROM driver without requiring an internet connection
 - FDPKG is more fully integrated into the package management scene,
however for this release, packages won't be able to be removed (this
will be fixed in 1.0).  Also there is at least one bug in the
dependency checking scheme.
 - Both the stable and unstable kernels are included; the unstable
kernel being compiled with Windows 3.1 Enhanced Mode compatibility
 - FreeCOM 0.84pre2 is included with LFN's turned off by default
 - All the latest released software is included to the best of my knowledge.
 - XFdisk is included as an alternate partitioning solution (for now,
it might not start from the powerbatch menu; you might have to start
in livecd mode)
 - Several games are included in this distribution

Notes:

There are minor known problems that need to be fixed before 1.0

If FDPKG has stabilized sufficiently for 1.0, I will have the text
installer call it to install packages, so that it can set up
everything at once.

At the moment, the installer forces installation to C:\FDOS.  This may
or may not change for 1.0, because, after all, installing to a further
partition requires a bit of user intervention to get it working (such
as partition-swapping at boot time).

--
Fall is my favorite season in Los Angeles, watching the birds change
color and fall from the trees.

See ya