After finally resolving that Florian's hard disk trashing problem was
related to LBACache, I think that 1.0 can be released as long as
LBACache isn't loaded during the install process.

The upcoming release features 100% powerbatch prompts and better
language selection (top 10 languages presented first, with a 'More
Options' option to select the others.

The installer detects automatically which drives are suitable to be
installed to and gives the user a choice between them.  (Which happens
to depend on SET /E by the way which turns out to be extremely useful
in this instance :-))  If they want to create a new partition, they
can run one of the fdisk variants included. (XFdisk, SPFdisk, or
Fdisk).

Detecting whether a partition needs to be formatted or not is now
better than it was.  Of course, I was also thinking that there could
be a menu option to format the destination drive anyways if the user
so wishes.

The latest EMM386 (2.23) and DEFRAG (1.0) releases will be included
and the HTMLHelp docs will be completely revamped and updated.  If I
have time (which I really should), I should also update the install
readme's and try to eliminate any occurances of 'Beta 9' from the rest
of the distribution (it now says 1.0 Final in the most-viewed places
at least).

Since FreeCOM 0.84pre2 has become quite stable recently, it will be
included, and 0.82 pl3 MIGHT find its way in as a backup in case any
users would prefer legacy (but possibly better-working) versions.

I think that's it for now... oh and the ctty nul thing that some
people complained about in postinst.bat is gone now, so you in fact
can see the messages that some things want to print :-).

--
Fall is my favorite season in Los Angeles, watching the birds change
color and fall from the trees.

See ya