Many thanks, Diego. It is, then, a known problem (ocurred in last
version too, but doesn't seem to arise under MS-DOS or NTVDM, so as
you say the problem may be in FreeCOM).
I would like to investigate into that too, although I just wanted to
clean up some missing bugs in KEYB itself before proceed. Of course, I
may possibly have introduced new bugs, but it is for sure that KEYB
2.0 has a critical bug (for Strings) less than pre-4 had.
Anyway thanks for the report, I'll keep an eye on that too. Just for a
hint for current FreeCOM developers, KEYB loads layouts into an
internal heap of itself (for historical reasons it is again a bunch of
0's, but that does NOT make sense anymore since pre3, will change that
too), then once I know the size of the Layout I reserve a MCB into UMB
(change the MCB allocation policy, and then restore it), unless you
use /NOHI. I place the layout there (a KeybCB), and then I cut the
KEYB.EXE MCB to the minimum and Terminate and Stay Resident. That
memory is never written to for the moment, in fact the only writes to
memory in KEYB are very few variables (such as "combi pending", or
perhaps the secondary buffer: all of them reside in KEYB's MCB during
the whole history of KEYB.

Aitor