Stegozor wrote:

> Sure, but PHP forums are taking more and more people away from USENET.
> As for me, I don't think I'll be able to use web based forums instead
> of NNTP any time soon. Newsgroups are so convenient.

I agree with you about PHP forums. I never understood why they are
popular. I have to log into Doom9, XviD, Winternals, Shavlik, it's very
inconvenient compared with just browsing NNTP in Mozilla!

I first found FreeDOS on NNTP (hard to believe?) but I quickly noticed
everyone was using the mailing list instead so I had no choice.

Strange how the best technology is rarely the one that succeeds? PCM and
MP3 vs iPod, CD-RW and UDF vs CD-R, DVD-RAM vs DVD-R, Betamax vs VHS,
Bluray vs HD, Windows vs Linux and so on...

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)