On Wed, 2006-09-06 at 23:14 +0200, Axel C. Frinke wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been asked to list all file names on the CD which do not follow
> the 8+3 file name convention, so here it is.
>
> Regards,
>        Axel.
>

> Volume name too long:
> FDOS_1_0_FINAL
>
> filename too long:
>
> fdos\bin\align_test.exe
> fdos\bin\bzip2recover.exe

When burning in linux using k3b we can hide long names in a trans.tbl
file so that long file name friendly os can see the long names and the
disk remain 8-3 friendly.  I do not know if we can port k3b to freedos
but the basic command line utility it calls should be doable then its
just a matter of the command line.

Have we a native writing utility??

CWSIV