Eric schreef:
> On Sunday 24 September 2006 12:01, you wrote:
>
>> I ended up now exactly where I expected to encounter the problem:
>>
>> 1) Downloaded VMware Workstation (one of all the propositions)
>>
>> 2) Downloaded fdbasecd.iso
>>
>> 3) Started to create a new VM (thought 1GB should be enough for a DOS
>> application). Here now the problems:
>>
>> a) The workstation indicates a warning that the VMware tools are not
>> installed.
>>
>> b) The new VM couldn't find the OS, i.e. the ISO-file.
>>
>> Who of you is familiar with VMware? Your help is very much appreciated.
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Marcel

1) Create a VM, of type MSDOS. No complaining about VMware Tools then.
1GB enough as said above
2) use FDBASECD.ISO for cdrom (or FDBOOTCD.ISO, whatever)
3) once the Virtual machine is started, click in its window to let the
VM accept keyboard input.
4) Press ESC (select bootdevice) or F2 (enter VMware/Phoenix BIOS,
change bootsequence)
5) The ISO should bootup now

Bernd

--