Japheth, you use WATTCP. I've read somewhere in the help files that for DSL it
is recommended to use BOOTP and LANTCP.CFG. I have tried your idea but got
"tcp/ip unable to initialize" message (or something to that effect).

Using my configuration settings I actually seem to get tcp/ip initialized but I
can't load any web page.

My starting page, indicates that tcp/ip is ok:

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/7452/10122006200710rm8.png

However, when I try to open http://www.bttr-software.de I keep getting the
following error:

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/6413/10122006200958ky3.png

Also, what are the default settings for WATTCP.CFG. I changed them when trying
out your settings but forgot to backup the original ones. Now they look like
this:

my_ip = 0.0.0.0
;my_ip = DHCP
;netmask = 255.255.255.0