HI Michael:

Once the USB stick is bootable, you can copy the DOS files
needed to the USB stick manually from Windows (or Linux).
If you have FreeDOS installed to a hard disk partition
somewhere, you could copy the files from there.  If I
wanted the full FreeDOS installation, I'd install it
to a hard disk partition first and then copy all of
the files on the partition to the USB stick under Windows
(or Linux).

Mark