Okay... since I only have NTSF Drives I will use the limited floppy method.
Unless it is possible to create a FAT Partition without wipping the whole
drive.  I have one hard drive which already has 2 partitions:  both are NTFS.
One is labeled OS and the other is Labeled Recovery.  If I could safely add a
partition in FAT then I could use the virtual CDROM method.  Geez... I am
really starting to hate the newer OS.  XP was okay, but limited.  I bought a
new PC from DELL with Windows Vista on it, and it is not only limited, but
sooooo restrictive.  Anyway, sorry for rambling, and thank you so much for your
time.  If you know of a way to make a FAT partition safely,  let me know, in
the mean time I will use the floppy method.
  Thanks a Million!

Eric Auer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Leslie,

> I currently have no way to burn a CD... is there A way to use the
> software with only a floppy drive?

There is, but I think it would be better if you used the
"virtual CDROM" way. For that, you take the ISO file which
you can download - you have a choice between 4 variants - and
copy it into a file called c:\fdbootcd.iso ... copy it to the
drive which is called c: by DOS, which is the first FAT drive,
as NTFS drives are ignored by DOS. Then boot the installer, for
example from the special installer boot diskette.
It will find the iso image and "mount" it, which means that it
can get all data directly from the iso on harddisk... :-).

Alternatively, you can get a limited "3 diskette distro",
which has no installer. It just contains a preinstalled DOS
on diskette. You can copy it to harddisk manually, run SYS
manually, and adapt the config / autoexec manually for that.

Eric

Hope is only as strong as the Faith that Sustains it.
  Faith is only as strong as the Love we give
  We can only truly Love when we love OURSELVES

  http://www.myspace.com/leslieslittlecorner

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.