Hi Leslie,

> Okay... since I only have NTSF Drives I will use the limited floppy
> method. Unless it is possible to create a FAT Partition without wipping
> the whole drive.  I have one hard drive which already has 2 partitions:
> both are NTFS.  One is labeled OS and the other is Labeled Recovery.

If you have no FAT partitions, then the floppy method will not help
you to install DOS anywhere on harddisk either. So you will first
have to create a FAT partition to be able to install on harddisk.

You can do that without data loss by using for example the partition
resizer of the installer of a Linux distro of your choice. Those
can make existing NTFS partitions smaller without deleting files.
Your PC will be busy with this for a while.

I think there was also some HowTo for "installing DOS on a NTFS-
only computer" which explains the partition resizing process in
more detail. Somebody on the list might know the URL of the howto.

Once you made a NTFS partition smaller, you will be able to create
a FAT partition and format it. I would suggest to use Linux for
that as well - using DOS is not user friendly, and is more risky.

If your FAT partition is no primary partition, you will have to
use a boot menu like the Windows or Linux one to be able to select
DOS at boot time. You may even have problems with SYS in general.
Then you would either need a boot diskette to boot the DOS on your
harddisk, or you would need nontrivial manual adjustments to make
DOS bootable from harddisk. So the best choice would be to have a
primary FAT partition to install DOS on, preferrably FAT16 as it
is easier to boot from FAT16 than from FAT32. Do not make the
partition too small, a few 100 MB will not hurt on a 200 GB disk.

Eric