Hi,

I don't have a solution to this problem, but I would just like to say that I
have a similar problem, maybe I can help by providing the details of mine.

I can get FreeDOS to boot (after many hours spent failing to get Windows'
boot manager to work with FreeDOS), but only on option 3 (the difference
being that 1 and 2 run emm386.exe).  I get a slightly different message,
although I have had several of those opcode messages while running FreeDOS.

MORE$driver by Eric Auer 2003 loaded.  Use:  ... > MORE$
Kernel: allocated 41 Diskbuffers = 21812 Bytes in HMA

The program then hangs indefinitely, only to be cured by a swift
Ctrl-Alt-Del.  I am no expert and I do not know what emm386.exe does, apart
from it is something to do with memory.  What I do know is that when I boot
FreeDOS on option 3, I can run most (well, all that I have tried) programs
that came in the package, however, every single CD-bound DOS install-app I
have tried to run also hangs indefinitely.  On a probably related note, I
can get the FreeDOS installation to complete, but the configuration only
completes if I don't install the network driver(s), this also makes the
computer hang.

My system is as follows

Point Of View Nvidea 7600GT 256mb DDR3 PCI-E
E6300 Core 2 Duo *OEM* 1.86GHz 1066FSB 2MB Cache
1GB (2x512MB) OCZ DDR2-667 PC2-5400 RAM
Maxtor 6V200E0 200GB SATA300 7200rpm 8MB Cache
  1st Partition - 190GB NTFS with Windows XP Pro x64 Edition
  2nd Partition - 10GB FAT32 with (to a certain extent) FreeDOS 1.0

My head is starting to ache so much over this that I'm starting to
thoroughly regret getting 64-bit Windows (although admittedly it was a lot
easier to install than FreeDOS).  After much fruitless browsing, this thread
has been the nearest I have seen to my problem.  I would be very much
relieved if there was a solution out there.

Thanks,

Joseph Thomson

On 3/12/07, BrentMartin <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

Florian Xaver-2 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> have you tried it without emm386? btw. you could try JEMM386
> http://www.japheth.de/.
>
> bye
>  Flo
> On 3/12/07, BrentMartin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> http://www.nabble.com/file/7089/FreeDosScrShot3.jpg
>> --
>
> --
> Private Page, oZone GUI <http://www.flox.at.tf>
> Club Dr-DOS Wiki <http://www.drdos.org>
> Using Arachne, the GPL Web Browser/Suite

http://www.nabble.com/file/7090/FreeDOSscrShot5.jpg

Avoid small talk?  That almost sounds rude to avoid saying Thanks!!

Yes, I did my best to try it without emm386.  I tried your suggestion with
no success.

I downloaded the latest JEMM386.EXE and this is a screen shot with the
results.

Not really any better or worse than with EMM386.EXE.

Am I missing something really obvious?

Brent Martin