I've tested FreeDOS-1.0 cdrom boot on my TYAN 1832DL with several CD/DVD
readers and the Full and Base images are not bootable on it.

However, qemu & my Dell Inspiron will boot them.

To fix, I re-ran mkisofs on the iso file after mounting it.

I've then posted instructions here:

http://wiki.fdos.org/Installation/BootDiskCreateCDROM

( Also provided futher info here:
http://wiki.fdos.org/Installation/Customize )