Hello,

I think you've got enough answers, just one more to clarify things.

Windows98 as a pack will install MS-DOS 7.10, on top of which will
Windows 4.10 run.

If for the contrary your question is wether Windows 4.X will run on
top of FreeDOS, the answer is that I don't think so, or at least
you'll have problems when trying to run DOS applications and switch
tasks, because the DOS extender on which Windows 4.X is based
announces itself to start running, but FreeDOS does not react the same
way MS-DOS does, and does not prepare itself for such a multitasking
environment.

Aitor