Hello all,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to use a long path name in
freedos at all? The reason I'm trying to do this is I'm making a small
install of freedos onto a partition of my HD here. I'm trying to put
some of the programs, drivers, etc. into their own
directories/subdirectories and then using the freedos path command to
hook it all together, but my path is too long! Here's what it looks
like so far;

C:\fdos\root\base
C:\fdos\root\drv\usb
c:\fdos\root\drv\ansi
c:\fdos\root\drv\kybd
c:\fdos\root\drv\ansi
c:\fdos\root\drv\cdrom
c:\fdos\root\drv\memory
c:\fdos\root\drv\mouse
c:\fdos\root\drv\audio
c:\fdos\root\drv\video
c:\fdos\root\apps\devel\djgpp
c:\fdos\root\apps\devel\lua
c:\fdos\root\apps\cmpress
c:\fdos\root\apps\cdrw
c:\fdos\root\apps\jpeg
c:\fdos\root\apps\maths
c:\fdos\root\apps\www
c:\fdos\root\apps\gem\gemapps\gemsys

(normally this is all on 1 line and seperated by ; 's ) .

freedos' path can't take this x.x but I was wondering if a dos-based
version of BASH could? Unfortunatly I could only find an ancient
version of bash for dos, version 2.05 was the newest.

Thanks for any help

ljones