I just got a new Toshiba laptop running Vista Home Basic.  The DOS-based
fractal program Fractint won't run in a DOS window because Vista won't
let you run a fullscreen DOS window.  I've installed the Dosbox emulator
and Fractint runs fine under it, but it's a bit slow.  I assume the
emulation overhead is slowing it down.  Questions: 1. Is Fractint likely
to run faster under Freedos?2. Can I boot directly to Freedos from a CD
instead of running an emulator like Vmware or Virtual PC under Vista?
Will it run Fractint faster if I can boot directly to Freedos?
Thanks.--Samatman