Hi

Just to let the Freedos user world know that the Online Bible (Dos version)
load error is now solved, thanks to user-list member Eric Auer. A patched "
kernel.sys"  did the trick. I am advised by Eric that the modified file will
be available in the next kernel release. Until then anyone who wishes to run
OLB in Freedos
( http://www.onlinebible.net/dosolb.html ) PLEASE CONTACT ME for the updated
binary

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I had been running the free Online Bible (Dos version) just fine in MS-DOS
but could not get the programme to run in Freedos. A batch file, named MM
opens a 'Mini Menu' from which several options can be run, such as opening a
AV (authorized version) bible, Apocrypha, Bible in Basic English, (etc.,
depending on the modules installed). This Mini Menu would open okay in
Freedos but the modules would not run, producing error messages such as :

>UNDEFINED FILE (2.3D-File Not Found), File SYSWORK=C:\BIBLE\A
Traceback: SP=F225 E914 6117 E914 9C36 0405 9219 D602 79F8 XMS 0000 0000
0000 0000 ....

or

>UNDEFINED FILE (2.3D-File Not Found), File SYSWORK=C:\BIBLE\A
Traceback: SP=F225 0734 6117 0734 9C36 2224 9219 D602 79F8 XMS 0000 0000
0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000

depending on the batch file

NB
OLB is available for other OSes. There are very few DOS Christian Bible
software packages around, let alone free ones. A lot of hard work and care
must have gone into producing it.

Thanks Eric
ATB
Fin