> BTW: from the JEMM 5.60
>      what CL is needed (probably VC 4.0 or better)
>      where do I get POLINK ?

I tested several C compilers with good results: MS VC 2 and 6, LadSoft CC386,
Digital Mars C++, Pelles C, and one which failed: Open Watcom WCC386.

PoLink is not required, any linker being able to produce Win32 dlls should
work (WLINK works as well).

 >      I did't find JLOAD sources,

It's not included, it's closed. I want full control over the source, so if
there are incessant, unfavorable posts on this forum I will be able to punish
the users and delete the source.