Nick Warren wrote:
> You know what would be really awesome in FreeDOS? multitasking. There
> are no open source multitaskers for DOS. They used to have some programs
> that did that a long time ago, but they were all proprietary. When I say
> "multitasking", I don't mean "task switching" like in MS DOSShell. Can
> this be done?

If we're putting together a wishlist, I'd say a packet driver that works
with PXE-booted machines so you avoid having to use the (huge - in low
memory terms) MS network client to load some UNDI NDIS driver like
3Com's undis3c.dos and a NDIS-packet driver shim.

This thought has been around for a while:
http://wiki.fdos.org/Blog/Bernd

and there's a commercial solution, emboot:
http://www.emboot.com/

But as always, an open alternative is nicer.