> I had been loading nansi.sys which comes with freedos in config.sys.  It
> was obviously doing something but no color.

4DOS don't need a nansi.sys. Just enter option tool -> display -> bright
background and -> display -> Ansi -> auto. Maybe you have to download
latest 4DOS?

Bye
  Flo
--
Using Arachne, the smallest and smartest browser in the world.

It is true, that no one can essentially cultivate exact science without
understanding the mathematics of that science. But we are not to suppose
that the calculations and equations that mathematicians find so useful
constitute the whole of mathematics. The calculus is but a part of
mathematics.  (James Clerk Maxwell)