Hi Jim,

> http://www.freedos.org/?webring=no
> This validates as correct XHTML.

Cool. Talking about the webring, it is not THAT big,
is it? We could ask all pages in the ring to move to
another service (or even ours) with cleaner HTML ;-).

Interesting that some people disliked the marble...
A gradient would be fine for me. Or a solid color.
The 1 pixel wide stripes are just very EGA :-p.

So my vote is: Use solid colors or a gradient.

Eric