> We (many people in this list) espent months testing himem and emm386
> from Michael Devore. Are those two just a bugfix from *that* well tested
> version or is it descendent from somewhere else?

As for HimemX: there are 12 bugfixes and some optimizations, all described in
the readme.txt.

As for Jemm: some parts are rewritten from scratch, some are heavily modified.
It's quite different from FD Emm386 now.

Btw, in the name of how many people are you speaking exactly? And what do you
regard as "well tested". Because, as for me, I seriously doubt that a program
is "well tested" just because some dozens (or some hundreds? I have no idea
how big the FD user base is.) people boot FD with Himem, running their
favorite handfull of apps occationally and then switch back to windows/linux.