Hi again,

yet another update for FDAPM and the IDLEDPMS screen
saver that comes with it since earlier this month:

- idledpms now updates the timeout of an already loaded
  copy if you run it again, so you can always reconfigure
  at any time. the binary is still only 1 kilobyte :-).

- fdapm vgaon, fdapm vgaoff, and idledpms now preserve
  the ega/vga sequencer clocking mode, fixing a stupid
  old bug where entering or leaving "screen off" energy
  save mode would mess up what you see in graphics mode.

- vbe/pm is no longer trusted (Mateusz has a VGA BIOS that
  says it can do VESA VBE/PM, but whatever you do, the
  screen only stays in sleep state for a second). I still
  use vbe/pm if available, but also do EGA/VGA after that.

File: www.coli.uni-saarland.de/~eric/stuff/soft/ fdapm-2007jul21.zip

Eric

PS: Why do VBE/PM -and- VGA BIOS -and- EGA/VGA-I/O access?
Because at least one of them will work ;-). Even on hyper
modern hardware which has no classic EGA/VGA I/O ports.