Hi,

> And why don't "we" expand FreeDOS to such a XXL distrobution? (smile)

because you already get a full cdrom if you throw a bunch of
djgpp-ported GNU tools for DOS together :-). So you can say
that you get a 2 cdrom distro: FreeDOS plus DJGPP-All-Ports.

> > > "uDOS is a free operating system built on the FreeDOS with DJGPP.
> > > uDOS provides an integrated suite of features inluding Perl, Python
> > > Can be run live from CD image." ... sourceforge.net/projects/udos/

I seem to remember there were other DJGPP collections out
there, some also als ISO...? The DJGPP world is big, as is
for example the MinGW and CygWin world. All planets in GNU
space, of course :-).

Our own FreeDOS distro also has to stay at a manageable size
for our limited resources. Already now, Fritz who has been
working for months in the background to update all htmlhelp
pages and LSMs had to skip some stuff: Only for the base
category packages and some selected packages, help will be
available, and for many LSMs, he has not been able to find
the original package URL and had to say "URL of this package
is that you download FreeDOS 1.0 or 1.1".

Talking about manpower: If anybody wants to help finding the
lost URLs, I would be glad to send you a list so you can help
with the search a bit. Thanks a lot!

Eric

PS: A LSM is a Linux Software Map file. We use the same file
format for the FreeDOS distro. Basically each LSM file is
a short text which lists name, description, version, URL,
author and license (etc) of one package / program :-).