From: Alain M. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 7:43:37 PM
Subject: Re: [Freedos-user] Partition layout

Ray Davison escreveu:
> The labels include the drive letters, if they boot to their physical
> position.  And that is the challenge.  Booting FreeDOS 1.0, the W2K-D
> primary picks up the letter after any extended partitions.  With DRDOS
> 7.01 Fat32, they hold their physical position.

Extra (more than one) primary partition get a letter after all extended
partitions. *That*is*the*rule*. If you boot Win98 or MS-DOS or FreeDOS
from the second (physical order) primary partition, the other primary
will also get the last letter.

FWIK, if there is an extended partition between 2 primaries, it makes no
differece. But I am only 90% sure of that.

Some DR-DOS version have an extra bug, it has to boot from the first
primary partition, that one will allways be called C:

Alain