I have a drive with three primary partitions and an extended one with
two logicals in it. I boot via grub and boot linux out of one of the
extended partitions so you can boot from one. However I happen to have
freedos in a little 500 mb partition at the very begining so I have not
tried to boot freedos from a logical partition.

however the command fro booting freedos via grub is:

# This entry automatically added by the Debian installer for a non-linux
OS
# on /dev/hda1
title           FreeDOS
root            (hd0,0)
savedefault
makeactive
chainloader     +1

when setting up a grub command you need to remember that grub numbers
your partitions from zero, not from one  - so first partition on the first
harddrive is hd0,0 not hda1

                       Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:5100 Hydes Rd ---- Hydes MD USA 21082-----EMAIL:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog

Editor Net.Pet Online Animal Magazine  - http://www.netpetmagazine.com
HOME http://www.qis.net/~borzoi/          BUSINESS http://www.batw.com