> Forgot to mention the other nice thing about an emulator is that you
> don't have to set up multi-boot with Windows & DOS to be able to run
> FreeDOS. Which was the original question. :-)

I found a pretty good HOWTO on running FreeDOS under qemu. Managed to get
it working, under my Debian install, sort of ... haven't figured out
networking yet & the GEM desktop seems to want to freeze a lot ... but
those are other issues. Maybe I will keep working in that direction.

Thanks for all the tips everyone.