Freedos and debian flavored linuces - the latest stable Ubuntu - Feisty
allows you to install dosemu and freedos via synaptic. This was broken for
a while in the previous Ubuntu - edgie. I had to go to the dosemu site and
get some of the contents of the bin directory after using synaptic.
However the dosemu/freedos combo I now have runs as a window in linux
perfectly with the classic dos pedigree program I have - which is called
CompuPed4.11.

I use the xdosemu command to bring up dosemu/freedos.

other than fetching the files in bin I did not have to do anything to
configure freedos/dosemu this time.

                       Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:5100 Hydes Rd ---- Hydes MD USA 21082-----EMAIL:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog

Editor Net.Pet Online Animal Magazine  - http://www.netpetmagazine.com
HOME http://www.qis.net/~borzoi/          BUSINESS http://www.batw.com